Here is a short list of energy saving and sustainable practices I deploy in my office.
- Keep all devices and computers on ‘Power Saver’ mode.
- Reduce paper use.
- Collect coffee grains and tea bags for my garden compost.
- Avoid wasting food and recycle any leftovers.
- Use as much natural light for the office as possible.
- No air-conditioning. Keep blinds closed on warm sunny days when office is empty and ventilate well.
- As I work from a home office there are no transport costs unless I visit a client outside Bearsden or Milngavie.
- I use energy efficient lighting in my house and office.
These are just some of the practices that I implement on a day to day basis in my sustainable office. If you have any other suggestions that I could try out then let me know?
I will be highlighting more sustainable work practices over the coming days and weeks.
Here is a link to my business website if you want to contact me to discuss developing a website in a sustainable manner. AA Web Solutions
#sustainable #webdesign #renewableenergy